Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] libmtp error with USB media player using mass storage protocol

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Paul Menzel
<paulepanter users sourceforge net> wrote:
> I have a TEAC MP-375SD [1] and Rhythmbox does not detect it displaying
> the following libmtp error [2].
>
>        Device 0 (VID=0402 and PID=5668) is a ALi Corp. MPMAN 2GB.
>        LIBMTP PANIC: Unable to find interface & endpoints of device
>
> Rhythmbox also displays a dialog telling there was an error and does not
> show the device. So MTP seems not to be supported by this device, so I
> found out about media-player-info [3] and added the MP-375SD to it [4].

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We rely on end users to add new
devices to media-player-info.

> The device is displayed by Rhythmbox now, but I still get the libmtp
> error message. Could that be fixed somehow to not confuse users?

Sure, but the error comes from libmtp, not rhythmbox. Perhaps the
device needs to be blacklisted in libmtp if it truly doesn't support
MTP but somehow looks like it does.