Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Bluetooth, AVRCP and Rhythmbox

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 4:59 AM, John Frankish <j-frankish slb com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does Rhythmbox have the capability to respond to AVRCP commands
> from Bluetooth A2DP headphones?
>
> I can play music from Rhythmbox to the headphones via Bluetooth and,
> from running bluetoothd in the foreground, I can see AVRCP commands
> from the headphones (play, pause, etc) are being received, but
> Rhythmbox does not respond to these commands.
>
> Regards
> John

Hi John,

I wonder if the OS or bluetooth stack could map these to fake keypress
events? After all there are standard keycodes for play, pause, volume
up, volume down, mute and so on. The advantage of this is that it would
work regardless of the music/video playing software. Just a thought.

Peter