Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] media player sync branch merged

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 11:33 PM, giopas <linux giopas eu> wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
>>
>> I just merged the media-player-sync branch, which began its life some
>> time ago as Paul Bellamy's GSoC project last year, into master.
>
> Great news!! Does it will be included in 0.12.08 distributions' packages or
> it is too late for this?

No, I released 0.12.8 a day earlier. I don't think this code is quite
ready to be shipped in any of the distributions releasing in the next
month or so.

>> It currently does library/playlist and podcast syncing for iPod, MTP,
>> and generic player devices.  Over time I'm hoping it will become more
>> flexible and useful for smaller devices, but for now if you have an
>> iPod bigger than your library, it should work nicely for you.
>
> Actually it depends from how many playlists (and ho big) you want to sync,
> isn't it?

That also works, but it requires more manual effort, and we don't
handle the case where the sync items won't fit on the device very
well.