[Rhythmbox-devel] Detecting media player devices (was: libmtp error with USB media player using mass storage protocol)

Am Dienstag, den 25.05.2010, 21:48 +1000 schrieb Jonathan Matthew:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Paul Menzel
> <paulepanter users sourceforge net> wrote:

[…]

> > so I found out about media-player-info [3] and added the MP-375SD to it [4].
>
> Thanks for taking the time to do this. We rely on end users to add new
> devices to media-player-info.

[ I did not find a list for media-player-info (mpi), so I post it to
this list. Are the mpi maintainers reading this list? ]

I heard, that this device was usable under MS Windows right away. (But I
am not sure if there had been any drivers installed before.) If it
worked out of the box, than my question is, how the MS Windows Media
Player does this.

In the `dmesg` output [5] I noticed the following line.

	[ 4846.242477] usb 1-2: Product: Audio Player

Could it be, that this is kind of a standard to detect those devices?
Could there be a simple rule be set up in media-player-info to catch
that?

[…]

Thanks,

Paul