Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Usability report on Rhythmbox

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Charline
<charline poirier canonical com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have just completed usability testing of Rhythmbox.  I am planning to
> publish the results on CanonicalDesign.com on Tuesday.  I would like you to
> read the report, if you have time, and send  me feedback or any questions
> you might have.
>
> I hope the report will be helpful.
>
> C.

Hi Charline,

As an RB user this was interesting to read.

Was everything done in English? I assume so but worth stating. I was
having trouble with understanding some of the report...

Could you clarify task 1, "Download music in the library"?

I guessed you might mean "Download music *into* the library" To me
that might mean download some music file from the internet onto the
local computer hard drive. However, as written it seems to be the
other way round - "Download music which is already in the library",
which doesn't make sense to me.

However, from the text is sounds like you mean several things
including "Copy music from a USB stick onto the local computer hard
drive", and "Copy music from an audio CD onto the local computer hard
drive". My impression is that in the report the words "download" and
"downloaded" are not being used in the sense of copy from remote
computer/server to your local computer.

A more important question is what did you actually tell the users to
do? Are the scripts for what the participants were told in the report?

Peter

P.S. Minor thing, you have a typo "the application needs to give users
a full understanding of waht it does" (what).