Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Updating the tags on an iPod?

Hi Joshua,

2010/2/19 Joshua McGee <joshua mcgees org>:
> If I change the ID3 tags on some subset of mp3 files on my hard drive, I'd
> like to be able to drag them to my iPod and have them transferred if the
> tags are different.  I believe gtkpod has this ability.  Is this possible
> with Rhythmbox?

Rhythmbox has some pretty crude duplicate detection when it transfers
files to an iPod (or any portable media player). It checks if the
track title/artist/album (and now track number) and if they are the
same, it decides the track is a duplicate and doesn't transfer it. I
guess this means you can just drag and drop everything and rhythmbox
will just transfer the songs whose tags you have modified.

Hope that helps,

Christophe