Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] building rhythmbox for win32 with MinGW/MSYS

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 09:08:56PM +1000, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Jonathan Matthew<jonathan d14n org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I think I have spotted the problem.  Building corelib with
> >> -no-undefined, I got the below errors. Now a question to Rhythmbox
> >> developers: why does librhythmbox-core need something from rb-shell*?
> >
> > Because this isn't a cleanly separated code base.  Everything calls
> > everything, which then calls back into everything.  The way the code is
> > currently split between the rhythmbox binary and librhythmbox-core was
> > more about getting it to link on common systems without having to move
> > too many things around than about getting it right.
>
> So what if I make librhythmbox-core a noinst library and link it
> internally to rhythmbox binary? I'm wondering if plugins still work..
> That way I could avoid creating an incomlete dll (which libtool
> refuses to do)

I don't think that would help.  What we should do is first build
librhythmbox-core, containing everything except main.c, then the
rhythmbox binary, then the plugins.  The main thing we'd need to do is
to move the plugin management code to a different directory (or use an
external library for instead) and rearrange some makefiles.