[Rhythmbox-devel] Installing gvfs 1.5.1 to enable ipod touch support?

Hi

I am using ubuntu Karmic, and I would like to use Rhythmbox to sync my ipod
touch. I can sync with gtkpod and ifuse, but as rhythmbox uses gvfs, it does not
recognise the ipod.

According to http://blog.sukimashita.com/?p=171#more-171 it should be working
with gvfs version 1.5.1 but Karmic comes with 1.4.1. Is it possible to install
1.5.1, and how can I install it? Do I have to install from source, or are there
binaries?

Please cc me your replies, as I am just using a gmane to post.

Thanks for your help,

Rainer