[Rhythmbox-devel] How to copy songs to iPod?

Hi everyone. I'm using Rhythmbox with my iPod but I'm having trouble
getting music on to it. When I connect my iPod to my computer, it
appears in Rhythmbox and I can see all the songs on the device. I
click and drag a MP3 to the iPod in Rhythmbox, my pointer has a plus
sign appear, which I guess means it will add the file, but when I let
go of the button nothing happens. Any ideas what is wrong?