Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] HAL removal

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 07:39:41PM +0200, giopas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to compile rhythmbox from sources and I receive the following
> error, related (as I've understood) to "libmediaplayerid" (I included the
> complete "make" result just in case I was completely wrong...).
>
> >   CC     mpid-dummy.lo

This means you're building with neither HAL nor GUdev, which
I obviously didn't test very well.  You can fix this by adding
'#include "mpid-private.h"' to mpid-dummy.c (or git update, if you're
building from a git clone), but it's probably better to make sure you
have the development headers and libraries for (at least) HAL installed.