[Rhythmbox-devel] Exporting to removable media

I have been thinking about a couple of related features it would be
nice to see rhythmbox support when it comes to exporting tracks to
removable media.

1) Support for mp3 data cds. I have a portable cd player that plays
CBR mp3s (up to either 128kbps or 256kbps, I believe) and ogg files. I
would like to be able to create a playlist in rb and burn a data cd
with the tracks transcoded to an appropriate format/bitrate.

2) Be able to treat removable media as media players. There are a
number of devices that support playing media off of removable flash
drives (particularly phones). Could a plain flash drive be treated the
same as a media player device, using something like a .is_audio_player
file?

I know I could probably do some shell scripting to handle these
devices, but it would be nice to support this functionality from
rhythmbox.

Michael Knepher