Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plugins: GIO Porting and foss.in/2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 04:53:48PM +0200, frenc1z 1z wrote:

> > The magnatune and jamendo plugins have a fair bit of commonish code
> for
> > downloading catalog files.  Rather than rewriting it twice, it'd be
> > much better idea to add a common method (like the rb.Loader thing)
> do
> > this.  It might be worth doing the same for the magnatune downloader
> > code, but we've only got one plugin that needs that at the moment.
>
> a side note here. the jamendo library download doesnt work anymore
> currently in Rhythmbox 0.11.2 (ubuntu gutsy). last time this happened
> it was because of illegal characters somewhere in the indexing
process.

> does a bug fix exist for this?
>
> magnatune lib load works fine.

>Jamendo changed their database dump format.  It shouldn't be too hard
>apply the relevant changes to 0.11.2:
>http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/rhythmbox?view=revision&revision=5932

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. this did the trick in the
end.. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/158941

in the process i seem to have lost the icon for jamendo in rhythmbox..
it doesnt show up under the music stores anymore.. is there any way i
can re-link the icon? the png file for the icon is still there.

thanks.