[Rhythmbox-devel] overriding get_playback_uri in Python

Hi all.  I'm new to rhythmbox and I've been working on a python plugin to
play XM Radio streams.  I'm a python noob (though a C++ programmer by
trade).  I've gotten pretty far through a combination of source code
reference and posts on this list, however I'm stuck.

As I understand it, I have the ability to override the get_playback_uri
method for my EntryType, but I'm not having any luck actually doing so.  I
don't want the overhead of grabbing the url for each stream when I load up
my EntryView.  Also, these streams require authentication so the shelf life
for these stream urls is limited.

A few lines of example code would make my day.  I've tried variations of:

def my_get_playback_uri(entry, data):
    #do my thing...

entry_view.get_playback_uri = my_get_playback_uri

... this segfaults.

Thanks in advance.

Dave