Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Disable software mixer?

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 20:27 -0700, Grant wrote:
> I've been playing with mpd clients and I don't like any of them nearly
> as much as I like rhythmbox.  One thing I did like about mpd is I
> could specify the "mixer_type" as alsa, oss, or software.  I believe
> rhythmbox uses a software mixer.  Can I change that to ALSA?

Hi,

Rhythmbox uses the musicaudiosink sink in GStreamer. You can change
between the different output elements using the gnome-sound-properties
capplet in GNOME, using gstreamer-properties, or manually by adjusting
/system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink using gconftool or
gconf-editor.

HTH,

--
Cheers,