[Rhythmbox-devel] ogg to mp3 conversion

First of all I want to say thank you to the development team. Great
effort.

No to my questions:
1. I have recently bought sansa e280 and installed rockbox version
r18085-080717. I ripped quite several CDs to ogg format  - the music
files on my disk have ogg extension. I copied these ogg files using
rhythmbox to the player. I was really surprised to discover that all the
files have mp3 extensions on my sansa player!  I suspect (after reading
several posts here) that rhythmbox is doing the conversion. Is there any
way to stop it (since I am using rockbox on my player I can play oggs
directly).

2. Second question: When ripping cds, is there any way to force
rhythmbox to avoid creating files with special characters in their
names?

Thanks,

Piotr