[Rhythmbox-devel] ID3 tag editing

Hello List,
the FAQ says that ID3 tag editing support is experimental. Is this still true?

I realized that:

1. Ubuntu delivers Rhythmbox with metadate editing support
2. Meta data editing with Rhythmbox corrupts your ID3v2 tags (e. g. wipes out album art and other tags, produces tags that are not readable with eyeD3**)

Should fill a Bug against Rhythmbox or Ubuntus Rhythmbox package?

With best regards,

Simon Hengel.

** This second problem may be a bug in eyeD3, not sure yet. I have tracked it down to some degree. As far as I understand it eyeD3 assumes that each tag has a value assigned, which is supposedly not true for some tags (musicbrainz*) that are produced by Rhythmbox. Further more eyeD3 fails on some duplicated entries (that supposedly are not allowed to appear twice). Not sure what the specification says.