[Rhythmbox-devel] Accessing the artist / album list and the search filter with dbus / console

Hey list,

most of my question is already in my bloody long subject line ;)

I am currently trying to extend Rhythmbox support for the wonderful
Anyremote project [1]. Anyremote provides among other functions a
bluetooth remote for your computer ie. a server that runs on your
computer and a Java client for your mobile. The great thing about it is
its flexiblity as much of the functionality and look of the client can
be set with configuration files on the server. It already displays the
currently playing title on the mobile's screen and I've hacked in
support for displaying the album cover as well.

Anyway, long story short: to provide further functionality I am looking
for a view to get the list of artists and albums in the library and set
the filters accordingly. Ultimately the list of all tracks would be nice
as well but that's probably not really useful. The second thing is a way
to get and set the "Search" filter. I've been looking for a way to get
this info with either DBus or using rhythmbox-client but neither Google
nor the mailing list nor the DBus interface definitions provided any help.

So, am I missing something or is this functionality not available (yet)?

Thanks and so long,
Georg

[1] http://anyremote.sourceforge.net/