Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature request

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 16:10 +0200, Eduardas J. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm long time rhythmbox user and I love this application. Thanks for a
> good work.
>
> I like the way rhythmbox sorts tracks - by track number retrieved from
> metadata. That, imho, is the right way to do it. But albums are always
> sorted alphabetically. Wouldn't it be logical and more consistent to
> sort them by album year when such metadata is provided?

Could be, but when you are browsing for an album, it is harder to
remember the chronological order the albums were released , than the
first letter in the album title. And if you have a new release / reprint
of an album - what year should be in the tag? ;)

But it should be an option, though, sorting by artist, then album
release date. File a feature request at bugzilla.gnome.org, if there
isn't a bug filed already. ( I think such a feature has been requested
already )