Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Observations from using rhythmbox daily for 3 months.

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 17:08 +0100, James Lewis wrote:
> I've been using rhythmbox every day for a few months now, and I had some
> observations that might be of interest here.. mainly some simple UI
> issues that would make the experience a lot better.
>
> I mainly use it for Podcasts, hence my observations are in that area..

> 6. For the podcasts at least, it would be nice to have some way to know
> if the file has been played, mabe treat it like an email client and have
> a read/unread flag would be nice, could use bold text to show
> un-listened, mabe.

This is already possible. Just tweak the table display in
Edit/Preferences/General. You can add the play count, last played date,
and date added.

You forgot:
8. Eliminate error popups (at the very least for automated podcast
updates). I've left r-b up over nights and weekends only to come back
and find that metacity is unusable because there are hundreds of error
popups from r-b due to failed feeds.