Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [new plugin] Desktop Art

> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 22:43 +0200, giopas wrote:
>> Mathias Nedrebø ha scritto:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > This looks like an other python 2.4 problem.
>> >
>> > I think you need to change class SongInfo(): to class SongInfo: to
>> make
>> > the plugin work. I dont have an easy way to test with 2.4 my selves.
>> >
>> > BTW: Isn't SID suposed to be a up to date distro, any reason you are
>> still
>> > using python 2.4
>> >
>> > - Mathias
>>
>> Thanks Mathias,
>>
>> actually GNOME still keeps some dependencies from python 2.4 so I still
>> can't purge it. However, I tried to change SongInfo(): tp SongInfo: but
>> now I receive these errors:
>>
>> >  File
>> > "/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/desktop-art/__init__.py", line
>> > 4, in ?
>> >     from DesktopControl import DesktopControl
>> >   File
>> > "/home/giopas/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/desktop-art/DesktopControl.py",
>> > line 32
>> >     self.song_info = SongInfo:
>> >                                              ^
>> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>> >
>> > (rhythmbox:18139): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Could not load plugin
>> desktop-art
>> >

>> > (rhythmbox:18139): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Error, impossible to activate
>> > plugin 'Desktop Art'
>>
>> So I think that maybe it's just really a problem of python versions:
>> I'll wait for a complete 2.5 migration.
>>
>> Thanks for your support.
>>
>> Keep fine,
>>
>> giopas
>
> I had the same problems.  If you remove the parenthesis only on the
> "class" lines, it will run.  However, I seem to be getting black text on
> a black background... I will keep looking into it.  I like the plugin
> otherwise, though.
>
> -Matt

You need a composite manager. I'm think I shuld add a runtime test for
that, and display an error dialig if one is not found. I'll put it on my
todo list. I am currently using the one composite manager that is built
into Metacity, but is not enabled by default. Compiz or xcompmgr should
work as well.