Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another rb plugin: Rhythmweb

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 22:23 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> This is really nice. I've been vaguely intending to make something
> like this for a while, but I never quite got around to it. Now I guess
> I don't have to.

Cheers. Let me know how well it works if you try it out.

> A couple of quick bug-like things:
> - the 'previous' action handler tries to call do_prev on the player
> object, but the method is actually called do_previous

Ahh, good catch. Fixed in 0.2.

> - I'm pretty sure I fixed the crash that occurred when calling
> plugin.find_file() a week or so ago

Oh yeah, I was meaning to track that down but couldn't find the debug
packages for Ubuntu gutsy straight away, so kinda forgot about it.

Has the fix made it into a release yet? I wonder if it's possible to
determine the version number from Python?

> - is there a way to stop the HTTP server from logging to standard error?
> - the playing song title doesn't get updated correctly on
> next/previous when crossfading is enabled. Not at all your fault,
> though. I don't think there's a nice way to do this.
> - It shouldn't be too hard to make it track the streaming song titles
> from radio/last.fm streams. This is done with the
> entry-extra-metadata-notify signal from the db object; the extra
> metadata field names are "rb:stream-song-title" an d likewise for
> artist and album names.

Good questions, I'll check it all out when I have a moment.

Thanks,
/Mike

--
✌ Michael Gratton. Geeknik since 1976.