Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Gapless/crossfade playback in svn trunk

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 06:00:32PM +0200, Jan Schmidt wrote:

> I've been using the crossfading backend for since you committed it. Damn
> fine work, sir!
>
> Do you know what the problem with visualisation is? What in CVS core
> broke it? It'd suck to release with such a regression.

I haven't looked into it much, but I'm pretty sure it broke around the
time of the recent latency changes.

> I notice a little trouble seeking - it takes longer than it should for
> the seek to actually occur, which should be unnecessary in the bigger
> picture. Do you know what's causing that?

It's probably because the seeks it does don't flush the whole pipeline,
only the stream's bin.  Maybe if there's only one stream playing, I can
make it flush the whole thing?