Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Gapless/crossfade playback in svn trunk

On 27/03/07, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan kaolin wh9 net> wrote:

(replaygain, for instance).

Thanks for this Jonathan. I'm not really interested in crossfading,
but really like gapless playback (even tiny gaps in something like
Dark Side of the Moon really annoy me), and replaygain so I appreciate
this. What's the story with replaygain though? How does this back-end
affect it? I only ask because I am not sure it is working correctly.
I'll have to do some more listening to be sure. Does it use track or
album gain? Does it or can it be made to do "smart" gain (like the
Slimdevices Squeezebox) where it uses album gain if playing tracks
from one album and track gain otherwise?

PS Thanks again to all the Rhythmbox devs. It really is a great application.

Cheers,
Derek.