Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Gapless/crossfade playback in svn trunk

Jonathan Matthew ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I just committed the gapless/crossfading player backend I've been
> working on for a while.  It's been working pretty well for me for a few
> months now, and I think I've managed to implement everything from the
> existing player backend, even if I"ve never tested some of it
> (replaygain, for instance).

Hi, I was trying to compile rhythmbox from svn (v. 4986) on my Debian
unstable, but I found a problem, that maybe is linked to your patch:

>  (..cut...) g -O2 -MT rb-player-gst-xfade.lo -MD -MP -MF
> .deps/rb-player-gst-xfade.Tpo -c rb-player-gst-xfade.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> .libs/rb-player-gst-xfade.o
> cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> rb-player-gst-xfade.c: In function 'post_buffering_message':
> rb-player-gst-xfade.c:790: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'gst_message_new_buffering'
> rb-player-gst-xfade.c:790: warning: nested extern declaration of
> 'gst_message_new_buffering'
> rb-player-gst-xfade.c:790: warning: assignment makes pointer from
> integer without a cast
> make[3]: *** [rb-player-gst-xfade.lo] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/gio/SVN/rhythmbox/backends/gstreamer'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gio/SVN/rhythmbox/backends'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gio/SVN/rhythmbox'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I've read from your mail that:

> A brief rundown on how to use it:
>
> - obviously, you need to build rhythmbox from svn trunk (gstreamer 0.10
>   only, too)

that means that only v.0.10 of gstreamer and not both v.0.8 and v.0.10
must be installed on my pc? Could be just this the problem?

Giovanni

ps: I tryed to compile rb 3 times, even from an empty directory, but I
always get this error.

pps: if such error is not related to your patch, please forget about it.
;-)

 Sponsor:
 Anche tu ami i cani? Allora non aspettare, partecipa anche tu alla caccia al tesoro di Pedigree, puoi vincere fantastici premi!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6313&d=29-3