Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox hangs 15 seconds after opening

DO> Hi, I am very new to Linux, Ubuntu and Rhythmbox. The first time I
DO> opened the program, I built a music database by pointing it at my
DO> music collection on my server. There were a couple errors that I
DO> recall, but I corrected those and it seemed to work fine.

DO> Now, however, whenever I open the program it works fine for 15
DO> seconds, and then hangs no matter what I am trying to do with
DO> it. Have tried complete reinstall.

DO> Any trouble shooting ideas? How do I delete the database?

What version of rhythmbox are you using?  Where is your music server
located?  Is it a SAMBA share or a local hard disk?  How many tracks
were you trying o import?

You can help debug the errors by running rhythmbox in debug mode:

rhythmbox -d

the last debug output before the hang might have some useful
information.

You can also delete (o move aside) the database by deleting/relocating
the ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml

Alex