Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Keywords (aka categories or tags) in Rhythmbox

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 10:39 +0100, Christophe Dehais wrote:
> On 2/27/07, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
> > G'day everyone,
> >
> > Recently I did most of the backend work required to support Keywords (or
> > category, or "web 2.0"-style tags" in Rhythmbox - which can be found
> > attached to bug 324540. Using this you can have tracks marked as "jazz",
> > "bloody awesome", "copy to my ipod" or "I should delete this track", and
> > use the presence (or non-presence) of keywords as criteria for automatic
> > playlists. In the future we'll probably be able to tag artists and
> > albums too.
> >

> Will this also work for non persistent tracks like those on portable
> players or served other daap ?

Yes and no, which probably isn't a very helpful answer.

The database supports then on all entries, which includes tracks on
portable audio players and daap tracks. However they current aren't read
from or saved to portable players, or gotten from DAAP shares.

I'm not sure whether any portable players with databases (e.g. ipods)
have them, but if they do we could save them there. For other players we
could either save them into a file on the player, or a file on the
machine.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Unix cluedo:
   Was it "kernel panic with the named piped in the linked library"?