Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] sorry to bug you with this

On 5/22/07, Tino Meinen <a t meinen chello nl> wrote:
Op zondag 20-05-2007 om 11:12 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Joel
delphin:
> but is there a plug-in that lets rythmbox recorde radio?
> i was just wondering did a google search and could not find.
> thanks a lot
>  i got it from ubuntu and there ambient radio station is way cool
> and rythmbox the best !!

This is a very logical extension from a users point of view.
However, recording is a totally different beast than playing is.
Maybe dynamically calling a external program like Jokosher or Audacity
is an option?

Tino

How about using streamripper?  It can record everything to a large file or create separate mp3 files completely with artist/song tags. Though the songs aren't split exactly depending on the station.

I also remember a little client for a "radio over tv-cable" station which had a little nifty red record button. You could hit that button even in the middle of a song and the whole tune was saved to disk. This function was great. No need to decide up front if you want to record anything. You hear a new song that you really like, just press that button. :)

Holger