Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Equalizer

Please read my whole email before starting to answer it. It is clear to
me that you have completely misunderstood my sentiments.

An EQ definitely belongs in the pipeline---at the *end*. Thankfully,
good sound drivers offer this functionality (My EMU10k1 driver does, at
least).

The responses of your audio equipment, room, ears and brain are not
selective, they respond in a consistent fashion. Thus having an EQ just
for music is utterly pointless, unless you are specifically being
creative. If your music is truly lacking in specific regions, then so
are all of your other system sounds, voice communications, etc.
Thankfully, an EQ at the end of the audio pipeline (e.g. in the ALSA
driver or in PulseAudio) alleviates this effectively.