Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Equalizer

On 7/10/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
(Replying on-list)

Alex, please forward to Alexander Foss, the one who asked for the plugin.

You do realise that an "equalizer" is designed to counter the frequency
response of your audio setup (i.e. "equalize"), not to "MAKE THE BASS

Personally I don't see the point of having something to do the latter.
Audio engineers put a hell of a lot of effort making music sound exactly
how they want it, and I trust their judgements on how the bass should
sound better than I trust my own (or anyone else's for that matter).

Still, if you're interested in writing a plugin, it's pretty trivial to
stick an EQ into the audio pipeline. In fact there might even already be
some code for it flying around.

Have fun!

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 17:33 -0300, Luís Guilherme Fernandes Pereira
> On 7/10/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
> > Why would you want to equalize Rhythmbox, but not your whole audio
> > output?
> >
> > Your speakers' frequency response curve is not selective!
> He shoud like GAIM sounds as they are, but hear to his songs with a
> stronger bass, for instance. I don't know if it's that necessary, but
> it's not useless, anyway.
> Cya!
Alex Jones

Eng. Luís Guilherme Fernandes Pereira

Local Phone: +55 (19) 3386-4246
Mobile Phone: +55 (19) 8134-2474
ICQ: 11693988
Jabber: hanson jabber org
Gizmo || GTalk: lpereira
MSN: lumahau hotmail com
AIM || Skype: lumahau
lpereira @ TopCoder

"I believe that all people, intrinsically, know the truth. I believe
that is why Christianity scares people so much. It reminds them of
their conscience, which we all possess."
-- Michael Glatze