Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Creative Commons plugin

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 01:58 +0100, Jaime Frutos Morales wrote:
> Is it possible to add a new column called ENTRY_VIEW_COL_LICENSE to the
> UI (at the same place as title,artist,album,etc...) using python?

I'll pass on that one. I don't think so, not in the general 'Library'
view... but I might be wrong.

> It would have to check a web for the license for each song.Can it be
> done in a separate thread using python?

Not with a separate thread, as far as I know. For fetching stuff from
the web, though, you can use the GnomeVFS asynchronous methods - see the
Magnatune plugin for some good examples of these.

> Can it be store in the rhythmbox's database using python?

This is a tricky one; I started looking at binding rhythmdb to Python,
but didn't finish it. There are some varargs methods in there, which are
difficult to write bindings for.

Perhaps writing a different C interface would be quickest, and binding
that? I did see that SWIG[0] has some support for vararg methods, but I
suspect it could be hacky in the general case.

[0] http://www.swig.org/

--
Tim Retout <tim retout co uk>

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at: