Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RB and remote control

On Dec 27, 2007 10:18 AM, Chris Norman <chris norman4 ntlworld com> wrote:
Hi all,
I know a remote control can be used with Rhythmbox, because I have seen
lirk in there.

What I want to know is, what remotes will work with it?

Where would I get such a remote?

Is there a list of compatible remotes?

Here's a list of supported devices: http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes. I have the Philips MCE remote, as described here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote. (MythTV's wiki is a useful source for remotes/LIRC in general.)

Also, if you're on Ubuntu, their wiki can be helpful: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Install_Lirc_Gutsy.