Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Seeming duplicates

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 15:40 +0000, Chris Norman wrote:
> Hi all,
> I seem to ahve duplicates in my library. They're usually (I can't
> remember ever seeing any other) ogg files, but they have a tilde (~)
> sign on the end. So I may have 03 - some track.ogg, and 03 - some
> track.ogg~.
>
> Any way I can get rid of these? There's only a couple of times in the
> actual file system that these duplicates have been physical, so how can
> I get rid of these (baring in mind that the location of my library is
> not always the same depth), and how can I remove any software duplicates
> from the DB?

You could write a small shell script to go into directories recursively
and run the command "rm *.ogg~". Rhythmbox would pick up on the missing
files and list them, and you could just remove them from the library.

My shell scripting skills aren't very "l337" ;), so I make no
guarantees, but as a first attempt I'd do something like this:

----removeduplicates.sh----
#!/bin/bash

pushd $1
rm *.ogg~

for f in *; do
  if [ -d $f ]; then
    $HOME/bin/removeduplicates.sh $f
  fi
done

popd

--
Adam Zimmerman <adam_zimmerman sfu ca>

CREATIVITY  - http://mirrors.creativecommons.org/movingimages/Building_on_the_Past.mpg
ALWAYS      - http://www.musiccreators.ca/
BUILDS      - http://www.ubuntu.com/
ON THE PAST - http://www.theopencd.org/
--

A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.