Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Japanese support

Hi,

Andy Howell wrote:
Is there something I need to configure to display Japanese songs properly?

I can add them to the library fine, but they show up as square boxes instead of the glyphs. They display properly in Nautilus fine, so I know that I have the correct fonts installed.

Are the tags correct and is their character encoding specified correctly? Sounds like the file names are okay but perhaps there's a problem with the metadata. If you take a look at the properties of one such track in Rhythmbox and find the file name displayed there, is it displayed correctly?

Tracks with both Japanese filenames and metadata show up fine on my Ubuntu system. I haven't done anything special apart from perhaps installing some fonts, and I definitely haven't touched anything specifically in Rhythmbox.

Regards,
Mika