Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Gapless/crossfade playback in svn trunk

If you need the pipeline bus, as opposed to the bus for your element,
try:

Well I don't really know (or care): I want the pipeline my element is
emitting messages to (after being plugged by gst_player_add_filter()).
It seems that it's always the topmost gstreamer container, but I don't
really understand  why. The pipeline seems to have many inner bins
which could have their bus watched. I think I'm missing a gstreamer
concept here.

GstElement *current, *parent;

current = parent = myelement;
while (parent != NULL) {
    current = parent;
    parent = gst_element_get_parent (current);
}

bus = gst_pipeline_get_bus (GST_PIPELINE (current));

Thanks. Actually I think I already tried this solution and thought
that was a bit hacky.
The thing is: I have to wait for the pipeline to be constructed
(completely, with my element linked inside) to do that. That's the
point of waiting for a signal that would guarranty this.

cheers,
Christophe