[Rhythmbox-devel] Python plugin problems

Hi,

I've written a small python plugin to copy albums to my usb player.

The idea is to automatically:
- create the same artist/album path on the player
- add track number to the file name (which I don't want in my collection) so the player plays in order
- convert the filenames to ascii (it doesn't like utf)
- and possibly recompress, convert ogg to mp3, or whatever other modification required by the player.

I'd like to open a small progress window while it's copying, but couldn't find any way to do it since the gtk loop only comes back at the end of the python operation.
Any way to get the plugin to run in a parallel thread, so the UI doesn't just hang there?

Thanks.
ON