[Rhythmbox-devel] adding MTP device support

Now that libgphoto2 has support for MTP devices I would like to add
support to Rhythmbox similar to the iPod support. Has anyone started on
such a project? Can the core developers give me an idea on how you'd
like to see it done? I assume it'd be a plugin since the iPod support
looks that way.

Also, I noticed that file transfer to audio devices is currently marked
experimental. That's really the end goal for me so that I don't have to
use the gphoto2 command line app to transfer files. Is this being
actively worked on? Is there a rough estimate for when file transfer
will be considered stable?

Thanks.

--

Steve Fox