Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Making the browsing view behave as a browser

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:48:55AM +0200, Christophe Dehais wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I often find myself wanting to go back to a previous particular view of the
> catalog (being it filtered for a given artist or album, or the result of a
> particular combination of that and a search for example)
>
> The feature I miss in that moments is "previous" and "next" arrow buttons,
> as in a web browser so I can go back and forth in the history of views of
> the catalog.
>
> I know nothing about RB internals but I imagine it should not be a too
> difficult a feature to add (I guess there is already something describing
> what the current view is made of or built with, it may just involve saving
> it in a list every time the view changes).
>
> What do you guys think of this ? Is this something that would only interest
> me and confuse the users ?

I'll second this.  I'm not sure if the 'browser' idea would be the best,
but something as simple as saving your location in the list if you come
back to it from a search or something.  Sometimes I want to jump out of
where I am in a long list (my library contains > 100k songs) to do a
search and not have to scroll all the way back to where it was.

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike