Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] removal of bonobo is premature

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:11:37AM -0700, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> With the removal of bonobo from CVS, this means that rhythmbox will no
> longer compile on Fedora Core 4 because FC-4 only ships with dbus
> 0.33.

I'm working on minimal support for dbus 0.31 < x < 0.35, and should be
done reasonably soon.  Until then, you should be able to just comment
out the line in configure.ac that makes it fail if it doesn't find a new
enough dbus (AC_MSG_ERROR somewhere around line 600).  All dbus code is
still inside #ifdef WITH_DBUS (and we'll probably keep it that way), so
everything else should be fine as is.