Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] features in current cvs

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 13:27 -0500, Joel Duggan wrote:
> I think you'll find a lot of people (myself included) don't want their
> tags messed with unless they explicitly allow it.
>
> Joel D.

On a vaguely related note - I have wondered for a while whether it would
be possible to effectively distribute the "Play Count" and "Last Played"
information, by writing it to an unused field in the files' ID3 tags (I
know it wouldn't yet work for oggs). The Rhythmbox database seems kind
of flimsy for me - I use this information to organise my tracks (I have
over 11,000 music files) and keep track of what I've listened to, and
I've now twice had to delete my database to get past errors at load
time, losing all that data. If it was written to ID3 tags it'd be a lot
more secure, and could be reimported even if the whole of Rhythmbox was
removed and reinstalled - thoughts?

Mark Hewitt
"Alchohol is like love," he said.
"The first kiss is magic, the second is
intimate, the third is routine. After that
you take the girl's clothes off."
Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye