Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GUI mockup... let's get this sorted once and for all

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 03:45 +0100, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
> > I've taken some time to create a simple mockup in the Gimp to show you
> > what I mean. You'll find it at
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/gazam/116038333/ and you can see, by
> > hovering over the image there, that I've put some notes on the image
> > about stuff I've changed in it. Once you've read them, click on the 'all
> > sizes' link above it to see it at it's proper scale to get a better
> > look.
>
> I didn't notice this before I updated my CVS version, but I too think
> the text should be left out of the Play button.
>
> Perhaps it makes sense for those that have choosen "text besides
> icons" in the Gnome preference "Menu and Toolbar Preferences" ?
>
> I have set GTK+ to use "Icons only" in for all toolbars, so for me it
> doesn't look right to have the Play text in the icon.

Rhythmbox does follow the GTK setting. The text-beside-icon option
(which I use), only shows the text for actions marked "important" -
which is only the Play button at the moment.

If you have it set to "Icons Only" and you get anything other than that,
please file a bug.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"Oh bother," said the Borg, "We have assimilated Pooh". -- MHR on afp