Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Magnatune catalog/purchasing plugin

Finally, loading the plugin blocks the UI for about 2 minutes while the
tracks are being parsed. I tried (as you can see from the code) putting
the call to xml.sax.parse into a Thread object, but when I tried that
the method didn't run at all (the source showed up, but the "Adding
artist - title" string never got printed). Is there something else I can
do so my code doesn't block the UI?

Python threads can only run whilst the python interpreter is running, and as far as I can see, the python interpreter runs in the main rhythmbox thread - so this scuppers running a python thread in the background of the main UI. A shame - I'm no C/GTK expert, how hard would it be to move the python interpreter into another thread?

Stephen English