Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Audioscrobbler plugin and MBID

James "Doc" Livingston wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 20:52 +0100, Peter wrote:
Some people might have the MBID in their mp3 ID3 tags from using some analysis program (Picard, MusicTagger etc) so it would a good start if rhythmbox could extract this field and pass it to the Audioscrobbler plugin. [Should I file a "little" bug on just this?]

Could the MBID track tag even be included in the database (what about the album and artist tags if known?).

That was bug 343491, which just got fixed thanks to a patch from St� Lyngaas.

If anyone else has been testing the plugin with MusicBrainz tagged files, but still sees the message:

>> Some tracks you submitted have not been added to your profile
>> for the following reason: The track you submitted appears to be
>> badly tagged - please check the file's tags.

Then probably its just that Last.fm doesn't have that MBID tag in its database yet. Apparently "That can happen because the MB sync is not automatic and doesn't happen that often."

See this thread:

http://www.last.fm/forum/21716/_/130452/0

Peter