Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox command line args...

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 12:51:33AM +0000, James Schmitz wrote:
> Recently, I tried to configure rhythmbox with lirc, and either it's me,
> or there were a few peices that were missing. First, is there a feature
> for incremental volume adjustment? Something like --adjust-vol=.1 where
> .1 is how much it increases? I know that volume up and volume down
> buttons would work much better with that than what I had to set up (up
> and down are just two volume points).
>
> At any rate, it was easy enough to configure, but something like that
> might be nice. If the feature already exists and I wasn't able to gather
> it from the the --help output, please correct me. :)

The patch attached to bug #323840
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=56922&action=view) adds
dbus methods for controlling volume.  I use these in my .lircrc like
this:

begin
  prog = irexec
  button = VOL_UP
  config = dbus-send --session --dest=org.gnome.Rhythmbox /org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player org.gnome.Rhythmbox.Player.setVolumeRelative double:0.1
end

begin
  prog = irexec
  button = VOL_DOWN
  config = dbus-send --session --dest=org.gnome.Rhythmbox /org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player org.gnome.Rhythmbox.Player.setVolumeRelative double:-0.1
end

I'm thinking of adding a shell script wrapper for these commands and a
sample .lircrc so this is easier to set up.