Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Party Mode

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 11:34 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >    * Disallow deleting, moving to trash, and renaming
> >    * Try to prevent accessing the rest of the desktop (or at least make it
> >      hard)
> >    * Requiring a password to exit this mode
> >    * Disallowing tag editing
>
> After all, you can already get that (and with a much better assurance that
> there's no undue security hole) by simply login in as another user (who only
> has read-access to the song library).

Definitely. If you want it to be really secure, that would be the way to
go. However I'm not sure that is what the aim is.

Personally, I see this as a small measure to stop people accidentally
doing something you don't want - like deleting tracks etc. I don't think
we can, or even want to try to, offer "real security".

Before we start doing lots more work on this, we should probably figure
out what it will get used for, and what it needs to do.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
It does a decent job emulating MicroSoft Office. My copy stopped working
and needs to be reinstalled.