Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Problem to run HEAD

On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 11:48:00PM +0100, Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I build HEAD version using jhbuild but can't hear songs using it.
>
> $ jhbuild run rhythmbox
>
> ** (rhythmbox:1266): WARNING **: hal_initialize failed: Failed to
> connect to socket /home/cassidy/usr/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket:
> Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type

Not related, but creating a symlink from
/home/cassidy/usr/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket ->
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket will fix a few things.

> ** Message: don't know how to handle application/ogg

Looks like you either the gstreamer ogg and/or vorbis plugins are not
installed or there's a problem loading them.  If
/home/cassidy/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstogg.so and libgstvorbis.so
don't exist, you'll need to install the libogg and libvorbis headers and
libraries and then rebuild gst-plugins-base.  If they do exist, running
ldd -r on them will usually show the problem.