Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.9.7 "I love Perth"

I'm not seeing it up on ftp.gnome.org.......

On 12/18/06, James Doc Livingston <doclivingston gmail com> wrote:
G'day everyone,

On behalf of the Rhythmbox developers, I'm happy to announce a new
release, Rhythmbox 0.9.7 "I love Perth", is out. This release includes
several new Internet-related features which let you discover new music,
listen to things you like, and improve your batting average.

What is Rhythmbox?
------------------

Rhythmbox is an integrated music management application, originally
inspired by Apple's iTunes. It is free software, designed to work well
under the GNOME Desktop, and based on the powerful GStreamer media
framework.

MagnaTune
---------
The first of these is a new plugin which provides integration with the
MagnaTune online music store. MagnaTune lets you listen to entire tracks
before purchasing them, provides a variety of DRM-free formats including
Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, lets you choose how much you are willing to pay for
an album, and has a "don't be evil" policy.

The plugin lets you browse the store from within Rhythmbox, open "Artist
info" pages in your browser, and purchase albums (no Credit Card details
are stored).

Last.fm Radio
-------------
Rhythmbox has had the ability to "scrobble" played tracks to your
last.fm account for quite a while, but it now also has the ability to
play last.fm radio streams. Supported streams currently include:
Neighbour Radio, Similar Artists, Tagged Tracks, Artist Fan radio, and
Group Radio.

Dependencies
------------
The only dependency change for this release is that iPod support now
requires libgpod 0.4.0, as it contains vital bug fixes.

Also included in this release
-----------------------------
* Inhibit computer suspending while playing music
* More support for broken podcast feeds
* Displays a placeholder for missing cover art
* Winning back The Ashes
* Asking the user when MusicBrainz reports multiple albums
* Support for gconfaudiosink's "music and movies" profile

As well as the usual variety of minor improvements and bug fixes.

Updated Translations
--------------------
* ar    Djihed Afifi
* ca    Jordi Mallach, Josep Puigdemont i Casamajó
* dz    Pema Geyleg (New)
* el    Nikos Charonitakis
* en_CA Adam Weinberger
* es    Francisco Javier F. Serrador
* fi    Ilkka Tuohela
* gl    Ignacio Casal Quinteiro
* hu    Gabor Kelemen
* it    Luca Ferretti
* ja    Takeshi AIHANA
* lt    Žygimantas Beručka
* nb    Kjartan Maraas
* nl    Vincent van Adrighem
* sv    Fredrik Tuomas
* vi    Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy

Where can I get it?

Source code:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rhythmbox/0.9/rhythmbox-0.9.7.tar.bz2
[MD5 sum: 3ca989c655c5931ce056af7ff311885b]
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/rhythmbox/0.9/rhythmbox-0.9.7.tar.gz
[MD5 sum: 0bb315f6e50cfb6c2052241ee3a70e3a]

Home Page:
http://www.rhythmbox.org/

--
James "Doc" Livingston < doclivingston gmail com>