Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Generic mp3 player plugin

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 23:42 +0000, Mark Hewitt wrote:
> Hi folks, I know this has been discussed before but I can't remember
> what the status was (at the time it wasn't relevant to me!) - what is
> the Generic MP3 Player Plugin currently capable of? I can't drag and
> drop to it, so I take it track transfer isn't active yet - is it only
> able to view the contents of the player? Or do I just not have it set up
> correctly?

I've just posted a new version of the "generic player sync support"
patch on

With that applied I can transfer files my audio player, and have them
transcoded automatically to the "best"[0] supported audio format. The
only issue I've found is that we currently detect MP3 files as
"application/x-id3" rather than "audio/mpeg", so they get re-encoded
from MP3 to MP3 when you move them.

It also doesn't do automatic syncing yet either.

[0] "best" is defined to be the first one in the list HAL gives us, that
the user has a gnome-media encoding profile for.

James "Doc" Livingston
If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried