Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Response and CPU problems

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:27:34PM -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> On 7/16/06, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan kaolin wh9 net> wrote:
> > It sounds like this might be something to do with file monitoring.  You
> > could try disabling file monitoring (the 'watch my library for new
> > files' option in the library preferences) to see if that's the case.
>
> I haven't forgotten about this, it just took me a while to reproduce
> the problem.  I've even had file monitoring enabled.  There's nothing
> different with my system than there has been, but it seems to be laggy
> tonight.  So here goes.
>
> > Getting some strace output might also be helpful.  If you could run
> > 'strace -p `pidof rhythmbox` -o rb-strace' for a few seconds while this
> > is happening and put the resulting file somewhere (please don't send it
> > to the whole list) we'd be able to see what was going on.  Output from
> > 'ls -l /proc/`pidof rhythmbox`/fd' might also be required to figure out
> > what's happening.
>
> Actually, strace didn't produce much:
>
> # strace -p `pidof rhythmbox` -o rb-strace
> Process 5937 attached - interrupt to quit
> Process 5937 detached

It will have written the data to a file called 'rb-strace' in the
directory in which you ran that command.  Could you put this file on a
website somewhere or send it to me directly?  It'll probably be a few
hundred kB, so it's best not to inflict that on the whole list.