Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] clearlooks/bluecurve icons

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 12:16 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would anyone object to updating Rhythmbox' artwork to the
> Bluecurve/Clearlooks icons that Fedora has?  Since it seems like
> Clearlooks is (will be?) the GNOME default theme, it would be good to
> use them I think.
>
> Screenshots:
> http://verbum.org/files/Screenshot-Music%20Player.png
> http://verbum.org/files/Rhythmbox-NewTray.png
>
> Also...a while back when doing some profiling with gprof I noticed that
> eel_create_colorized_pixbuf was *the* top function in the profile.  This
> is because it's called for rendering every black star - we do some weird
> things to invert the icon and play tricks with the selection.  For
> updating to the Clearlooks icons we dump that crack, and gain a speed
> boost too :)

Hi Colin,
sorry I missed this when you asked for feedback. I have recently updated
Rhythmbox to see Bluecurve being used by default.

Clerlooks does not inherit bluecurve by default and GNOME remains using
the gnome icon theme by default (Fedora may have that set up
differently).

Can you please revert this change? If you have any icon requests, I will
do my best to put them either in gnome icon theme or rhythmbox itself.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac novell com>
Novell, Inc.