Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] last.fm integration

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 16:14 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 22:08 +0200, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Now that last.fm is used for the link buttons, how about integrating
> > with it natively? Make RB do audioscrobbler submissions natively,
> > instead of the rbscrobbler app (which adds just another, pretty useless,
> > tray icon)?
>
> Sounds reasonable to me...what kinds of integration are you thinking of?

The most obvious thing would be a user/password field and having RB do
the thing rbscrobbler does now: submissions.

> Honestly I haven't played with last.fm much yet, need to do that.

I was quite amazed by the ease of it, simply create an account, install
rbscrobbler, enter details and it does what it should do. Even better
would be eliminating the second step.

Also, supporting the lastfm:// protocol would be nice, but probably
quite hard, that's a secondary (later, far future) goal :-)

If we get the submissions thing going, perhaps the other way around
(recommendations) could be fun, though I don't see a nice way yet how to
integrate that.

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.Lambda1.be/